Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580m for Romanian businesses (press release):
The EIB Group (European Investment Bank and European Investment Fund) has concluded an agreement with the Government of Romania and the European Commission for the implementation of the SME Initiative in Romania, which will support Small and Medium enterprises (SMEs). It is expected that circa EUR 580 million of new SME financing will be provided under this Initiative.
Romania is contributing EUR 100 million from its European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds) to this EU initiative, which will be leveraged with commercial lending through a risk-sharing mechanism. In addition to the contribution from the EIB Group, this will result in more SMEs benefiting from European resources on advantageous terms, such as reduced interest rates and improved collateral requirements.
This financial instrument will act as a catalyst for private investment and foster job creation within the SME community.
The SME Initiative entails an innovative change in the use of ESI Funds, combining the latter with EU central budget (resources from the Horizon 2020 Programme) and EIB Group funds. Following the signature today, the EIF will shortly publish an open call for expression of interest, inviting banks and other financial intermediaries to apply. Once selected, these banks and other financial intermediaries will make new funding opportunities available to SMEs.
EIB Vice-President, Andrew McDowell said: “The SME Initiative has become a reality across various EU Member States. The SME Initiative is a model of efficient utilisation of Structural Funds. ESI Funds made available by Romania are expected to eventually generate new investments, economic growth and employment. The EIB’s participation involves significant advantages for SMEs on the ground, who will benefit from the Bank’s affordable lending rates and long lending tenors. The EIB is a long standing partner of the Romanian economy, having provided more than EUR 10bn of lending since it started its operations in Romania back in 1990. Between 2011 and 2015 EIB provided EUR 2.6bn of new financing, in various sectors. EIB activity perspectives in Romania for the current year are strong, with over EUR 900m of operations already signed, including today’s SME Initiative.”
Commenting on the new initiative, EIF Head of Mandate Management Hubert Cottogni said: “I am pleased that EIF and Romania are implementing this joint initiative, which should generate EUR 580 million of SME financing. EIF is the manager of the JEREMIE Romania mandate, which was successfully implemented via seven financial intermediaries, which led the Romanian authorities to turn to EIF for the SME Initiative. The combination of ESI Funds, EU Horizon 2020 and EIB Group resources allows EIF to provide risk-sharing and capital relief to financial intermediaries to benefit SMEs.”
Commenting on this new initiative Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Creţu said: "I am proud to see Romania in the leading group of Member States implementing this Initiative and using the European Structural and Investment Funds in an innovative way. It is a concrete response to the challenges Romanian small businesses are currently facing."
The SME Initiative Programme for Romania, adopted in March 2016 and funded by EUR 100 million from European Regional Development Funds (ERDF), is part of a broader initiative of the European Commission and the EIB Group, to encourage Member States to double their use of ESI Funds invested through financial instruments in 2014-2020.
The SME Initiative is a joint financial instrument of the European Commission and the EIB Group. It was designed as a fast and effective response instrument to increase lending to the real economy, create jobs and stimulate growth.
The European Commission adopted the Operational Programme SME Initiative for Romania on 23 March 2016 to boost the competiveness of Romania's micro, small and medium-sized businesses through increased access to finance.
The European Investment Fund (EIF) is part of the EIB Group. Its central mission is to support Europe's micro, small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) by helping them to access finance. EIF designs and develops venture and growth capital, guarantees and microfinance instruments which specifically target this market segment. In this role, EIF fosters EU objectives in support of innovation, research and development, entrepreneurship, growth, and employment.
About the EIB
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is the EU’s long-term lending institution and is owned by the EU Member States. It makes long-term finance available for sound investment, contributing to growth, jobs, regional convergence and climate action in Europe and beyond.
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: Noutati BEI
EIB supports projects promoted by SMEs in agriculture with EUR 20 million loan – the first EIB transaction under EFSI in Romania (press release): The European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN in order to finance smaller detalii
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- Topul celor mai ieftine carduri de debit
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- IMF Director Christine Lagarde Calls for Broad-based Policy Effort to Reinvigorate Growth
- Speech by Janet Yellen on current conditions and the outlook for the U.S. economy
- Cardurile CEC Bank ar putea functiona cu intreruperi in aceasta seara
- Programul BCR in 24 ianuarie
- Programul BCR de sarbatori
- Agentiile BRD din centrele comerciale vor fi deschise miercuri, 30 noiembrie si joi, 1 decembrie
- Unitatile Raiffeisen Bank sunt inchise in zilele de 30 noiembrie si 1 decembrie
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA paves the way for open and secure electronic payments for consumers under the PSD2
- EBA updated Risk Dashboard shows that elevated NPLs and a high cost base pose a significant profitability challenge for EU banks
- Can a second home be a residential property under Article 4(75) of Regulation (EU) No 575/2013 (CRR)?
- EBA recommends retaining risk-sensitive framework for banks regulatory capital
- EBA risk assessment Report - December 2016
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Mario Draghi: Security through unity - making integration work for Europe
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB - Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- ECB: Account of the monetary policy meeting
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Federal Reserve raised the target range for the federal funds rate to 3/4 to 1 percent
- Janet Yellen: From Adding Accommodation to Scaling It Back
- Testimony by Chair Yellen on semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve keeps rate at 1/2 to 3/4 percent
- Speech by Fed chair Janet Yellen on the economic outlook and the conduct of monetary policy
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- EBRD partners with Credit Europe Bank to expand access to finance for Romanian businesses
- EBRD voices backing for nationalisation of Ukraine PrivatBank
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- PIB-ul Romaniei a crescut cu 4,3% in primul trimestru, dar economistii avertizeaza ca nu este sustenabil
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- OUG Nr.52 privind contractele de credit oferite consumatorilor pentru bunuri imobile, precum si pentru modificarea si completarea Ordonantei de urgenta a Guvernului nr. 50/2010 privind contractele de credit pentru consumatori
- Legea privind supravegherea macroprudentiala a sistemului financiar national
- Hotărâre pentru modificarea şi completarea Hotărârii Guvernului nr. 717/2009 privind aprobarea normelor de implementare a programului Prima casă
- Curtea Constitutionala - Decizia nr. 638 din 27 octombrie 2016 referitoare la respingerea exceptiei de neconstitutionalitate a prevederilor art. 11 teza intai raportat la art. 8 alin. (5) din Legea nr. 77/2016 privind darea în plată a unor bunuri imobile în vederea stingerii obligațiilor asumate prin credite
- Ordinul ANPC nr. 115/2017 privind stabilirea detaliilor tehnice pentru efectuarea bonitatii de catre creditorii nonfinanciari
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti privind clauzele abuzive din contractele de credit ale Raiffeisen Bank
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi in cazul BCR Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti nr.2068/2016 in procesul bancilor pentru locuinte
- Primele decizii in procesele pe Legea darii in plata: Banca Romaneasca, obligata sa anuleze datoriile unor clienti executati silit
- Bancpost si Raiffeisen trebuie sa aplice la creditele in CHF un curs de schimb valutar mediu, au decis judecatorii
- Numarul creditelor acordate de IFN-uri s-a dublat
- Bancile dau mai multe credite noi firmelor decat populatiei
- Bancile au scapat anul trecut de credite neperformante de 6 miliarde lei
- Doua noi IFN-uri pentru credite de consum, leasing si microfinantari s-au inscris in registrul general al BNR
- Care a fost valoarea platilor cu cardul si a sumelor de bani retrase de la bancomate in 2016
- Fondul Suveran de Dezvoltare si Investitii (FSDI) urmeaza sa fie infiintat de Guvern
- Programul de guvernare 2017-2020
- Salariul de baza minim brut garantat in plata, majorat la 1.450 lei lunar
- Salariul de baza minim brut garantat in plata in 2017, stabilt de viitorul Guvern
- Fonduri europene de 373 milioane euro destinate primariilor pentru infrastructura de termoficare si transport a energiei electrice si gazelor
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica
- Ultimele statistici privind creditele Prima Casa: crestere de 20% fata de anul trecut
- Rata inflatiei - statistici anuale conform datelor INS
Ce are sula cu Prefectura, Isvan? Poate impozitul cizmarului ... detalii
banca a castigat la ICCJ
Atentie banca a castigat tot la ICCJ!!!!! CITITI ... detalii
este fix pe invers!!!! cititi sentinta atent!!!banca a castigat tot
Este este pe invers fata de ce se scrie in articol! cititi ... detalii