UniCredit launches placement of Pekao Equity-Linked Certificates
Further to the announcement today of UniCredit S.p.A. ("UniCredit" or the "Issuer") having entered into an agreement for the disposal of a stake equal to 32.8 per cent of Bank Pekao S.A.'s ("Pekao" or the "Company") share capital to Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń S.A. ("PZU") and Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A. ("PFR") (the "M&A Transaction"), UniCredit announces the launch of an offering (the "Offer") of 1,916 secured equity-linked certificates (the "Certificates"), having an aggregate reference amount of approximately EUR 500 million, mandatorily settled in ordinary shares (the "Shares") of the Company on or before 15 December 2019 (the "Expiry Date").
The Certificates are designed to dispose at the Expiry Date (unless previously settled, as further described below) of the Issuer's remaining 7.3 per cent stake in the Company (pro-forma of the M&A Transaction) whilst enabling the Issuer to benefit from the potential upside in the shares of Pekao resulting from the additional value which PZU and PFR may be able to generate following the completion of the acquisition.
The announced transactions over UniCredit's entire stake in Pekao are a tangible demonstration of the strategic approach announced on 11 July 2016; that, going forward, the UniCredit Group intends to focus on reinforcing and optimising its capital position, whilst maintaining strategic flexibility to seize value creating opportunities. The full outcome of the strategic review will be unveiled at a Capital Markets Day in London on 13 December 2016.
The Certificates will upon issue have as underlying 10,000 Shares each, and will be issued at an issue price expected to be between 85.35 per cent and 86.35 per cent of the notional reference amount. The Certificates will not bear any coupon and will entitle the holders to receive a net cash amount equal to 81 per cent of the gross amount of any cash distribution paid in relation to the underlying Shares and received by the Issuer.
Unless previously settled at the option of the Issuer or the holders of the Certificates, or upon the occurrence of certain accelerated settlement events, and subject to the Issuer cash settlement option referred to below, each Certificate will be mandatorily settled on the Expiry Date by delivery of a number of Shares equal to the product of the pro rata share of the Settlement Property (as described below) and a settlement ratio to be determined on the basis of a minimum settlement price (the "Minimum Settlement Price") and a maximum settlement price (the "Maximum Settlement Price"), all as further described in the terms and conditions of the Certificates. The Minimum Settlement Price will be equal to the volume weighted average price of the relevant Shares on 9 December converted into EUR (the "Reference Price"). The Maximum Settlement Price is expected to be set at a premium ranging from 15 per cent to 17 per cent over the Reference Price.
The initial settlement property comprises 19,160,000 Shares (the "Settlement Property"). The Settlement Property will be subject to any adjustments required under the terms and conditions of the Certificates.
A Polish law governed financial pledge over the Settlement Property will be granted in favour of the trustee of the Certificates, on behalf of itself and the holders of the Certificates.
Upon settlement of any Certificates, the Issuer will have the flexibility to settle in cash, deliver the relevant Settlement Property or any combination thereof, except that there will be no cash settlement in the case of the occurrence of an automatic accelerated settlement event (as further described in the terms and conditions of the Certificates).
The proceeds of the Offer will be used for general corporate purposes of the Issuer. The disposal of the Pekao shares representing the Settlement Property is expected to generate a capital release upon the expiration of the Certificates.
The Certificates will only be offered to designated institutional investors in Italy and abroad, and will not be offered in or into the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Africa or in any other jurisdiction where such offer or sale of the Certificates would be prohibited by applicable laws.
The outcome of the placement and the final terms of the Certificates are expected to be determined and announced on 8 December 2016 (the "Placement Date") and the Offer is expected to close on or around 15 December 2016 (the "Closing Date").
Application will be made to admit the Certificates to trading on an internationally recognised, regularly operating, regulated or non-regulated stock exchange or market, determined by the Issuer, by no later than 90 days following the Closing Date.
In the context of the transaction, the Issuer and its subsidiaries have agreed to a lockup period of 90 days from (and including) the Placement Date, subject to customary exceptions (including an exception in relation to the closing of the M&A Transaction) and to waiver by the Joint Bookrunners.
Morgan Stanley, UBS Investment Bank and UniCredit Corporate & Investment Banking are acting as Joint Bookrunners in connection with the Offer.
This press release relates to the disclosure of information that qualified, or may have qualified, as inside information within the meaning of Article 7(1) of the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
Source: Unicredit statement
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: ENGLISH
Telekom Romania and Alior Bank launch Telekom Banking (press release): - Free of charge withdrawals from any ATM in the country and abroad; - Free of charge intra and inter-banking lei transfers, via Internet and Mobile Banking; - Advantageous detalii
NBR Board decisions on monetary policy - press release - In its meeting of 3 October 2017, the Board of the National Bank of Romania decided the following: - to keep unchanged the monetary policy rate at 1.75 percent per annum; - to pursue adequate detalii
National Bank of Greece S.A. (“NBG”) announces the signing of a definitive agreement with ΟΤP Bank Romania (“OTP”) for the divestment to OTP of its 99.28% stake in its Romanian subsidiary Banca Romaneasca (“BROM”) and of a portfolio of detalii
INTESA SANPAOLO SIGNS CONTRACT TO ACQUIRE CERTAIN ASSETS AND LIABILITIES OF
BANCA POPOLARE DI VICENZA AND VENETO BANCA (press release) Turin - Milan, 26 June 2017 – Following the unanimous decision reached by its board of directors, detalii
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- IMF Director Christine Lagarde Calls for Broad-based Policy Effort to Reinvigorate Growth
- HSBC, by first direct and Bud, is trialling an open banking app model
- Probleme cu autorizarea platilor online cu carduri Mastercard si Maestro
- Sistemul informatic al Raiffeisen (carduri, ATM-uri, POS-uri, online banking) nu a functionat in aceasta dimineata
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector
- EBA consults on Guidelines on security measures for operational and security risks under the PSD2
- Other Systemically Important Institutions (O-SIIs)
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Mario Draghi: Security through unity - making integration work for Europe
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB - Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future (speech by Janet Yellen, The Fed chair)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Federal Reserve raised the target range for the federal funds rate to 3/4 to 1 percent
- Banca Transilvania and EBRD become majority shareholders of Victoriabank in Moldova
- BERD devine actionar Agricover Holding
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Lege pentru modificarea şi completarea Ordonanţei de urgenţă a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plată
- Ordonanță de urgență pentru modificarea şi completarea Legii nr. 227/2015 privind Codul fiscal
- OUG 113/2009 privind serviciile de plata
- Regulamentul BNR nr. 20/2009 privind institutiile financiare nebancare
- Regulamentul BNR Nr. 17 din 2012 privind unele conditii de creditare
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi impotriva Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti in procesul privind bancile pentru locuinte dintre Ministerul Dezvoltarii si Curtea de Conturi
- Motivarea deciziei Tribunalului Bucuresti in procesul colectiv dintre Raiffeisen Bank si Piperea privind conversia la cursul istoric a creditelor in franci elvetieni (CHF)
- Raiffeisen Bank pierde un proces cu un client care a cerut darea in plata a creditului
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti privind amenda primita de Raiffeisen Bank de la ANPC pentru majorarea dobanzii la creditele restructurate
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au scazut cu 13%
- Biroul de Credit: restantele populatiei la banci si IFN-uri sunt in crestere
- Rata creditelor neperformante scade in continuare
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au atins un nou record de crestere in august
- Lista IFN-urilor din Registrul Special al BNR
- Posta vrea sa instaleze bancomate
- Guvernul isi majoreaza cheltuielile cu 500 milioane lei, iar veniturile cu 280 milioane lei, printr-o rectificare bugetara
- Guvernul anunta modificări ale Codului fiscal privind impozitul pentru IMM-uri, impozitul pe venit și contribuțiile sociale
- Ministerul Finantelor anunta modificari ale Codului Fiscal privind masuri importante pentru cetateni
- Tinta de deficit de 2,96% din PIB pentru anul 2017 nu este in pericol, precizeaza Ministerul Finantelor
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)
- Ultimele statistici privind creditele Prima Casa: crestere de 20% fata de anul trecut
din puțul gandirii
Eliminarea clauzelor abuzive din contractele de credit se face automat pentru toate contractele ... detalii
BCR we have a problem!
Daca toti cei 200.000 de imprumutati la BCR nu au in actele aditionale renuntarea la pretentii, ... detalii
Buna ziua, Am o proprire de la un executor cu care am facut un angajament de plata si lunar ... detalii
neam de traista
nu va faceti sperante. ... detalii
Banca Cămătarilor Romani
A fost odată Harap Alb! Harap Alb a furat la el în Austria, iar când a fost prins și ... detalii