UniCredit launches placement of Pekao Equity-Linked Certificates
Further to the announcement today of UniCredit S.p.A. ("UniCredit" or the "Issuer") having entered into an agreement for the disposal of a stake equal to 32.8 per cent of Bank Pekao S.A.'s ("Pekao" or the "Company") share capital to Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń S.A. ("PZU") and Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A. ("PFR") (the "M&A Transaction"), UniCredit announces the launch of an offering (the "Offer") of 1,916 secured equity-linked certificates (the "Certificates"), having an aggregate reference amount of approximately EUR 500 million, mandatorily settled in ordinary shares (the "Shares") of the Company on or before 15 December 2019 (the "Expiry Date").
The Certificates are designed to dispose at the Expiry Date (unless previously settled, as further described below) of the Issuer's remaining 7.3 per cent stake in the Company (pro-forma of the M&A Transaction) whilst enabling the Issuer to benefit from the potential upside in the shares of Pekao resulting from the additional value which PZU and PFR may be able to generate following the completion of the acquisition.
The announced transactions over UniCredit's entire stake in Pekao are a tangible demonstration of the strategic approach announced on 11 July 2016; that, going forward, the UniCredit Group intends to focus on reinforcing and optimising its capital position, whilst maintaining strategic flexibility to seize value creating opportunities. The full outcome of the strategic review will be unveiled at a Capital Markets Day in London on 13 December 2016.
The Certificates will upon issue have as underlying 10,000 Shares each, and will be issued at an issue price expected to be between 85.35 per cent and 86.35 per cent of the notional reference amount. The Certificates will not bear any coupon and will entitle the holders to receive a net cash amount equal to 81 per cent of the gross amount of any cash distribution paid in relation to the underlying Shares and received by the Issuer.
Unless previously settled at the option of the Issuer or the holders of the Certificates, or upon the occurrence of certain accelerated settlement events, and subject to the Issuer cash settlement option referred to below, each Certificate will be mandatorily settled on the Expiry Date by delivery of a number of Shares equal to the product of the pro rata share of the Settlement Property (as described below) and a settlement ratio to be determined on the basis of a minimum settlement price (the "Minimum Settlement Price") and a maximum settlement price (the "Maximum Settlement Price"), all as further described in the terms and conditions of the Certificates. The Minimum Settlement Price will be equal to the volume weighted average price of the relevant Shares on 9 December converted into EUR (the "Reference Price"). The Maximum Settlement Price is expected to be set at a premium ranging from 15 per cent to 17 per cent over the Reference Price.
The initial settlement property comprises 19,160,000 Shares (the "Settlement Property"). The Settlement Property will be subject to any adjustments required under the terms and conditions of the Certificates.
A Polish law governed financial pledge over the Settlement Property will be granted in favour of the trustee of the Certificates, on behalf of itself and the holders of the Certificates.
Upon settlement of any Certificates, the Issuer will have the flexibility to settle in cash, deliver the relevant Settlement Property or any combination thereof, except that there will be no cash settlement in the case of the occurrence of an automatic accelerated settlement event (as further described in the terms and conditions of the Certificates).
The proceeds of the Offer will be used for general corporate purposes of the Issuer. The disposal of the Pekao shares representing the Settlement Property is expected to generate a capital release upon the expiration of the Certificates.
The Certificates will only be offered to designated institutional investors in Italy and abroad, and will not be offered in or into the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Africa or in any other jurisdiction where such offer or sale of the Certificates would be prohibited by applicable laws.
The outcome of the placement and the final terms of the Certificates are expected to be determined and announced on 8 December 2016 (the "Placement Date") and the Offer is expected to close on or around 15 December 2016 (the "Closing Date").
Application will be made to admit the Certificates to trading on an internationally recognised, regularly operating, regulated or non-regulated stock exchange or market, determined by the Issuer, by no later than 90 days following the Closing Date.
In the context of the transaction, the Issuer and its subsidiaries have agreed to a lockup period of 90 days from (and including) the Placement Date, subject to customary exceptions (including an exception in relation to the closing of the M&A Transaction) and to waiver by the Joint Bookrunners.
Morgan Stanley, UBS Investment Bank and UniCredit Corporate & Investment Banking are acting as Joint Bookrunners in connection with the Offer.
This press release relates to the disclosure of information that qualified, or may have qualified, as inside information within the meaning of Article 7(1) of the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
Source: Unicredit statement
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: ENGLISH
European Commission Fact Sheet: Payment Services Directive (PSD2): Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) enabling consumers to benefit from safer and more innovative electronic payments
European Commission - Fact Sheet Payment Services Directive (PSD2): Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) enabling consumers to benefit from safer and more innovative electronic payments Brussels, 27 November 2017 1. detalii
Alpha Bank sale of Non-Performing Loans (press release): Alpha Bank A.E. announces that together with Alpha Bank Romania S.A. (jointly hereinafter the “Bank”) they have entered into a definitive agreement for the sale of a Non-Performing Wholesale Loans detalii
B2Holding acquires a non-performing credit portfolio from Raiffeisen Bank in Romania (press release): B2Holding ASA has through its Romanian subsidiaries B2 Kapital Portfolio Management SRL and Debt Collection Agency SRL, entered into agreements to acquire a portfolio of detalii
European Council: Romania has failed to take effective action to correct a significant budgetary deviation
On 5 December 2017, the Council adopted a decision establishing that Romania has failed to take effective action to correct a significant budgetary deviation. It issued a new recommendation, revising a recommendation already addressed to Romania under the EU’s ‘significant detalii
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- Jaewoo Lee, new IMF mission chief for Romania and Bulgaria
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- HSBC, by first direct and Bud, is trialling an open banking app model
- Probleme cu autorizarea platilor online cu carduri Mastercard si Maestro
- Sistemul informatic al Raiffeisen (carduri, ATM-uri, POS-uri, online banking) nu a functionat in aceasta dimineata
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA Risk Dashboard
- EBA Risk Dashboard confirms steady improvements in the EU banking sector but banks profitability and business model sustainability remain key challenges
- EBA report on risks and vulnerabilities in the EU banking sector
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- ECB: Insights into the digital transformation of the retail payments ecosystem
- ECB introductory statement on Governing Council decisions
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement
- A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future (speech by Janet Yellen, The Fed chair)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Banca Transilvania and EBRD become majority shareholders of Victoriabank in Moldova
- BERD devine actionar Agricover Holding
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Hotararea Guvernului nr. 2/2018 pentru modificarea si completarea Hotararii Guvernului nr. 717/2009 privind aprobarea normelor de implementare a programului "Prima casa"
- Normele metodologice pentru aplicarea Ordonantei de urgenta a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plata
- Legea nr. 151 din 2015 privind procedura insolventei persoanelor fizice
- Legea nr. 258/2017 privind comparabilitatea comisioanelor aferente conturilor de plati, schimbarea conturilor de plati si accesul la conturile de plati cu servicii de baza
- Lege pentru modificarea şi completarea Ordonanţei de urgenţă a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plată
- BCR a fost reclamata la CEDO de clientii care au pierdut procesele privind clauzele abuzive din contractele de credit
- Instanta de judecata decide executarea silita a girantului unui credit, debitorul principal fiind insolvabil
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de anulare a Ordinului ANPC impotriva Raiffeisen Bank privind debitarea veniturilor clientilor
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi impotriva Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti in procesul privind bancile pentru locuinte dintre Ministerul Dezvoltarii si Curtea de Conturi
- Statisticile cardurilor, platilor, POS-urilor si bancomatelor
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au scazut cu 13%
- Biroul de Credit: restantele populatiei la banci si IFN-uri sunt in crestere
- Rata creditelor neperformante scade in continuare
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au atins un nou record de crestere in august
- Guvernul a alocat garantii de 2 miliarde lei pentru Programul Prima Casa in 2018
- Transferul contributiilor de la angajator la angajat va avea aplicabilitate cel putin pana in anul 2020, spune Ministerul Finantelor
- Sinteza proiectului de buget pentru anul 2018 publicata de Ministerul Finantelor
- Posta vrea sa instaleze bancomate
- Guvernul isi majoreaza cheltuielile cu 500 milioane lei, iar veniturile cu 280 milioane lei, printr-o rectificare bugetara
- Numarul fimelor active din Romania, conform statisticilor Registrului Comertului
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)
OTP Bank percepe comision de 0,1% dar nu mai putin de 10 euro + 15 euro SWIFT. Astfel pentru o ... detalii
Buna ziua as dori sa stiu sodul din contul meu din ... detalii
ce se intampla ,daca am intarziat,am incercat sa depun dosar sa beneficiez de lege,dar mi-a fost ... detalii
Am corectat, multumim pentru ... detalii
De circa 14 zile nu pot folosi aplicatia pentru a plati facturile.Am anuntat si banca centrala,nu ... detalii