UniCredit launches placement of Pekao Equity-Linked Certificates
Further to the announcement today of UniCredit S.p.A. ("UniCredit" or the "Issuer") having entered into an agreement for the disposal of a stake equal to 32.8 per cent of Bank Pekao S.A.'s ("Pekao" or the "Company") share capital to Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń S.A. ("PZU") and Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A. ("PFR") (the "M&A Transaction"), UniCredit announces the launch of an offering (the "Offer") of 1,916 secured equity-linked certificates (the "Certificates"), having an aggregate reference amount of approximately EUR 500 million, mandatorily settled in ordinary shares (the "Shares") of the Company on or before 15 December 2019 (the "Expiry Date").
The Certificates are designed to dispose at the Expiry Date (unless previously settled, as further described below) of the Issuer's remaining 7.3 per cent stake in the Company (pro-forma of the M&A Transaction) whilst enabling the Issuer to benefit from the potential upside in the shares of Pekao resulting from the additional value which PZU and PFR may be able to generate following the completion of the acquisition.
The announced transactions over UniCredit's entire stake in Pekao are a tangible demonstration of the strategic approach announced on 11 July 2016; that, going forward, the UniCredit Group intends to focus on reinforcing and optimising its capital position, whilst maintaining strategic flexibility to seize value creating opportunities. The full outcome of the strategic review will be unveiled at a Capital Markets Day in London on 13 December 2016.
The Certificates will upon issue have as underlying 10,000 Shares each, and will be issued at an issue price expected to be between 85.35 per cent and 86.35 per cent of the notional reference amount. The Certificates will not bear any coupon and will entitle the holders to receive a net cash amount equal to 81 per cent of the gross amount of any cash distribution paid in relation to the underlying Shares and received by the Issuer.
Unless previously settled at the option of the Issuer or the holders of the Certificates, or upon the occurrence of certain accelerated settlement events, and subject to the Issuer cash settlement option referred to below, each Certificate will be mandatorily settled on the Expiry Date by delivery of a number of Shares equal to the product of the pro rata share of the Settlement Property (as described below) and a settlement ratio to be determined on the basis of a minimum settlement price (the "Minimum Settlement Price") and a maximum settlement price (the "Maximum Settlement Price"), all as further described in the terms and conditions of the Certificates. The Minimum Settlement Price will be equal to the volume weighted average price of the relevant Shares on 9 December converted into EUR (the "Reference Price"). The Maximum Settlement Price is expected to be set at a premium ranging from 15 per cent to 17 per cent over the Reference Price.
The initial settlement property comprises 19,160,000 Shares (the "Settlement Property"). The Settlement Property will be subject to any adjustments required under the terms and conditions of the Certificates.
A Polish law governed financial pledge over the Settlement Property will be granted in favour of the trustee of the Certificates, on behalf of itself and the holders of the Certificates.
Upon settlement of any Certificates, the Issuer will have the flexibility to settle in cash, deliver the relevant Settlement Property or any combination thereof, except that there will be no cash settlement in the case of the occurrence of an automatic accelerated settlement event (as further described in the terms and conditions of the Certificates).
The proceeds of the Offer will be used for general corporate purposes of the Issuer. The disposal of the Pekao shares representing the Settlement Property is expected to generate a capital release upon the expiration of the Certificates.
The Certificates will only be offered to designated institutional investors in Italy and abroad, and will not be offered in or into the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Africa or in any other jurisdiction where such offer or sale of the Certificates would be prohibited by applicable laws.
The outcome of the placement and the final terms of the Certificates are expected to be determined and announced on 8 December 2016 (the "Placement Date") and the Offer is expected to close on or around 15 December 2016 (the "Closing Date").
Application will be made to admit the Certificates to trading on an internationally recognised, regularly operating, regulated or non-regulated stock exchange or market, determined by the Issuer, by no later than 90 days following the Closing Date.
In the context of the transaction, the Issuer and its subsidiaries have agreed to a lockup period of 90 days from (and including) the Placement Date, subject to customary exceptions (including an exception in relation to the closing of the M&A Transaction) and to waiver by the Joint Bookrunners.
Morgan Stanley, UBS Investment Bank and UniCredit Corporate & Investment Banking are acting as Joint Bookrunners in connection with the Offer.
This press release relates to the disclosure of information that qualified, or may have qualified, as inside information within the meaning of Article 7(1) of the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
Source: Unicredit statement
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: ENGLISH
INTESA SANPAOLO SIGNS CONTRACT TO ACQUIRE CERTAIN ASSETS AND LIABILITIES OF
BANCA POPOLARE DI VICENZA AND VENETO BANCA (press release) Turin - Milan, 26 June 2017 – Following the unanimous decision reached by its board of directors, detalii
In its meeting of 5 April 2017, the Board of the National Bank of Romania decided the following: - to keep unchanged the monetary policy rate at 1.75 percent per annum; - to pursue adequate liquidity management in the banking system; and - to maintain the existing levels detalii
BBVA has agreed to acquire 9.95% of Turkiye Garanti Bankasi from Dogus Group for approximately a total of 3.32 billion Turkish lira (€859 million)¹, increasing its stake in Turkey’s largest bank by market capitalization to 49.85%. The acquisition of the additional stake would detalii
Fitch Ratings has revised Romania-based Garanti Bank S.A.'s (GBR) Outlook to Stable from Negative, and affirmed the Long and Short-Term Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) at 'BBB-'/'F3' and Support Rating at '2'. GBR's Viability Rating of 'b+' is not affected by this rating action. Fitch has detalii
Adela Radulescu, Director General Adjunct, Director Operatiuni si Tehnologie CE5 (Romania, Bulgaria, Cehia, Slovacia, Ungaria)
Ocupa functia de director de operatiuni la Citi ... vezi profil
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- IMF Director Christine Lagarde Calls for Broad-based Policy Effort to Reinvigorate Growth
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Programul Raiffeisen Bank cu ocazia sarbatorilor de Pasti
- Cardurile CEC Bank ar putea functiona cu intreruperi in aceasta seara
- Programul BCR in 24 ianuarie
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector
- EBA consults on Guidelines on security measures for operational and security risks under the PSD2
- Other Systemically Important Institutions (O-SIIs)
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Mario Draghi: Security through unity - making integration work for Europe
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB - Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Federal Reserve raised the target range for the federal funds rate to 3/4 to 1 percent
- Janet Yellen: From Adding Accommodation to Scaling It Back
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- EBRD partners with Credit Europe Bank to expand access to finance for Romanian businesses
- EBRD voices backing for nationalisation of Ukraine PrivatBank
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Regulamentul BNR Nr. 17 din 2012 privind unele conditii de creditare
- Norme metodologice de aplicare a prevederilor Legii nr. 151/2015 privind procedura insolventei persoanelor fizice
- Legea 151 din 2015 privind procedura insolventei persoanelor fizice
- Bancile sunt obligate sa comunice fiscului lista clientilor care deschid sau inchid conturi
- Normele metodologice pentru aplicarea Ordonantei de urgenta a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plata
- Raiffeisen Bank pierde un proces cu un client care a cerut darea in plata a creditului
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti privind amenda primita de Raiffeisen Bank de la ANPC pentru majorarea dobanzii la creditele restructurate
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti privind clauzele abuzive din contractele de credit ale Raiffeisen Bank
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi in cazul BCR Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti nr.2068/2016 in procesul bancilor pentru locuinte
- Dobanzile la credite au scazut in aprilie, dupa trei luni de crestere
- Creditele noi de consum acordate de banci sunt de doua ori mai mari decat creditele pentru locuinte
- Statisticile pietei cardurilor in primul trimestru din 2017
- Numarul creditelor acordate de IFN-uri s-a dublat
- Bancile dau mai multe credite noi firmelor decat populatiei
- Ministerul Finantelor anunta lansarea titlurilor de stat pentru populatie, prin intermediul Trezoreriilor, fara comisioane si fara impozit
- Plata defalcată a TVA, obligatorie de la 1 ianuarie 2018
- Fondul Suveran de Dezvoltare si Investitii (FSDI) urmeaza sa fie infiintat de Guvern
- Programul de guvernare 2017-2020
- Salariul de baza minim brut garantat in plata, majorat la 1.450 lei lunar
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)
- Ultimele statistici privind creditele Prima Casa: crestere de 20% fata de anul trecut
auto owners insurance Bay ... detalii
direct auto insurance ... detalii
Nu e chiar asa
Dragos te contrazic ...... lui Orban la durut in cot ca toate băncile mama au sarit in sus când ... detalii
Cosmin nu este chiar asa
Bancile au preferat sa inchida ochii la o apreciere a CHF si sa transfere tot riscul valutar in ... detalii
Cosmin nu este chiar asa
Bancile au preferat sa inchida ochii la o apreciere a CHF si sa transfere tot riscul valutar in ... detalii