National Bank of Romania decisions on monetary policy
In its meeting of 5 April 2017, the Board of the National Bank of Romania decided the following:
- to keep unchanged the monetary policy rate at 1.75 percent per annum;
- to pursue adequate liquidity management in the banking system; and
- to maintain the existing levels of minimum reserve requirement ratios on both leu- and foreign currency-denominated liabilities of credit institutions.
The annual inflation rate returned to positive territory in January 2017, reaching 0.1 percent, from -0.54 percent in December 2016, and advanced to 0.2 percent in February, thus matching the projected level.
In line with expectations, the annual adjusted CORE2 inflation rate1 rose to 0.9 percent in February, compared with 0.3 percent at the end of 2016.
Against this backdrop, the average 12-month CPI inflation further posted less negative rates, climbing to -1.1 percent in February, from -1.5 percent in December 2016; calculated based on the Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices, the annual average moved up to -0.7 percent, against -1.1 percent in the final month of 2016.
Economic growth accelerated at a faster-than-expected pace in 2016 Q4, with real GDP rising at an annual rate of 4.7 percent, against 4.3 percent in the previous quarter. The pick-up in GDP dynamics was widely ascribed to the contribution of net exports, amid the slightly brisker growth of exports and the slightly slower increase in imports of goods and services, while domestic demand played a secondary part. On the supply side, the services sector strengthened its dominant position in terms of GDP formation.
In 2016 as a whole, GDP growth hit an eight-year high of 4.8 percent. The current account deficit widened to 2.3 percent of GDP, against 1.2 percent a year earlier, mainly on the back of a worsening in the trade balance and the balance on primary income.
For the beginning of 2017, available statistical data show a further high growth rate of turnover volume in trade and a swifter increase in industrial production, together with an ongoing contraction of activity in the construction sector. Unit wage costs industry-wide edged higher, with wage growth still well above labour productivity growth, despite a slight recovery in the latter at the end of 2016 and the start of 2017.
Real monetary conditions remained stimulative in 2017 Q1. The annual growth of credit to the private sector continued in February, largely on account of the advance in new loans to non-financial corporations. The share of leu-denominated credit in total private sector loans widened to 57.7 percent (from a low of 34.6 percent in May 2012), amid further divergent developments in the two components (up 13.9 percent for lei and down 11.5 percent for foreign currency in February). This certifies the improvement in monetary policy transmission, while also helping mitigate risks to financial stability.
The most recent assessments reconfirm the outlook for the annual inflation rate to stick to a slightly upward path in the following months, while remaining significantly below the lower bound of the variation band of the flat target. This is in line with the annual inflation rate trajectory shown by the latest medium-term forecast, published in the February 2017 Inflation Report. The uncertainties and risks surrounding the inflation outlook stem from both domestic and external sources.
Domestically, they arise primarily from the evolution of fiscal and income policies in 2017, as well as from the uncertainties regarding the future adjustments in administered prices – especially those related to the energy market deregulation –, whose developments may differ from the initial assessments.
Looking at the external environment, risks stem mainly from the uncertainty surrounding economic growth and inflation developments in the euro area, regionally and globally, as well as from the fluctuations in international oil prices.
Against this background and based on currently available data, the Board of the National Bank of Romania decided to keep unchanged the monetary policy rate at 1.75 percent per annum, to further pursue adequate liquidity management in the banking system, and to maintain the existing levels of minimum reserve requirement ratios on both leu- and foreign currency-denominated liabilities of credit institutions.
The NBR Board decisions aim to ensure and preserve price stability over the medium term in a manner conducive to achieving sustainable economic growth. The NBR Board reiterates that a balanced macroeconomic policy mix and progress in structural reforms are of the essence in preserving a stable macroeconomic framework and strengthening the capacity of the Romanian economy to withstand potentially adverse global developments.
The NBR is closely monitoring domestic and external developments and stands ready to use all its available tools.
The account (minutes) of discussions underlying the adoption of the monetary policy decision during today’s meeting will be posted on the NBR website on 12 April 2017, at 3:00 p.m. In line with the announced calendar, the next monetary policy meeting of the NBR Board is scheduled for 5 May 2017, when a new quarterly Inflation Report is to be examined.
1 Calculated by excluding from the consumer price index the following categories: administered prices, volatile prices, and tobacco and alcoholic beverage prices.
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: ENGLISH
In its meeting of 5 April 2017, the Board of the National Bank of Romania decided the following: - to keep unchanged the monetary policy rate at 1.75 percent per annum; - to pursue adequate liquidity management in the banking system; and - to maintain the existing levels detalii
BBVA has agreed to acquire 9.95% of Turkiye Garanti Bankasi from Dogus Group for approximately a total of 3.32 billion Turkish lira (€859 million)¹, increasing its stake in Turkey’s largest bank by market capitalization to 49.85%. The acquisition of the additional stake would detalii
Fitch Ratings has revised Romania-based Garanti Bank S.A.'s (GBR) Outlook to Stable from Negative, and affirmed the Long and Short-Term Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) at 'BBB-'/'F3' and Support Rating at '2'. GBR's Viability Rating of 'b+' is not affected by this rating action. Fitch has detalii
Unicredit Group financial results are impacted by a number of negative non-recurring items of which approximately Euro 12.2 billion were disclosed at UniCredit's Capital Markets Day, on December 13th, 2016, in the context of the presentation of the 2016-2019 Strategic Plan ("Transform 2019"), detalii
Carmen Schuster, Presedinte Executiv
BCR Banca pentru Locuinte
Dr. CARMEN SCHUSTER Preşedinte BCR Banca ... vezi profil
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- IMF Director Christine Lagarde Calls for Broad-based Policy Effort to Reinvigorate Growth
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Programul Raiffeisen Bank cu ocazia sarbatorilor de Pasti
- Cardurile CEC Bank ar putea functiona cu intreruperi in aceasta seara
- Programul BCR in 24 ianuarie
- Programul BCR de sarbatori
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector
- EBA consults on Guidelines on security measures for operational and security risks under the PSD2
- Other Systemically Important Institutions (O-SIIs)
- EBA updated Risk Dashboard confirms that elevated NPLs and low profitability are the main challenges for the EU banking sector
- EBA paves the way for open and secure electronic payments for consumers under the PSD2
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Mario Draghi: Security through unity - making integration work for Europe
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB - Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- ECB: Account of the monetary policy meeting
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Federal Reserve raised the target range for the federal funds rate to 3/4 to 1 percent
- Janet Yellen: From Adding Accommodation to Scaling It Back
- Testimony by Chair Yellen on semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- EBRD partners with Credit Europe Bank to expand access to finance for Romanian businesses
- EBRD voices backing for nationalisation of Ukraine PrivatBank
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- PIB-ul Romaniei a crescut cu 4,3% in primul trimestru, dar economistii avertizeaza ca nu este sustenabil
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Norme metodologice de aplicare a prevederilor Legii nr. 151/2015 privind procedura insolventei persoanelor fizice
- Legea 151 din 2015 privind procedura insolventei persoanelor fizice
- Bancile sunt obligate sa comunice fiscului lista clientilor care deschid sau inchid conturi
- Normele metodologice pentru aplicarea Ordonantei de urgenta a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plata
- Ordinul BNR nr. 11/2015 privind amortizorul aferent institutiilor de credit autorizate in Romania si identificate de Banca Nationala a Romaniei ca fiind alte institutii de importanta sistemica (O-SII)
- Raiffeisen Bank pierde un proces cu un client care a cerut darea in plata a creditului
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti privind amenda primita de Raiffeisen Bank de la ANPC pentru majorarea dobanzii la creditele restructurate
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti privind clauzele abuzive din contractele de credit ale Raiffeisen Bank
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi in cazul BCR Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti nr.2068/2016 in procesul bancilor pentru locuinte
- Dobanzile la credite au scazut in aprilie, dupa trei luni de crestere
- Creditele noi de consum acordate de banci sunt de doua ori mai mari decat creditele pentru locuinte
- Statisticile pietei cardurilor in primul trimestru din 2017
- Numarul creditelor acordate de IFN-uri s-a dublat
- Bancile dau mai multe credite noi firmelor decat populatiei
- Fondul Suveran de Dezvoltare si Investitii (FSDI) urmeaza sa fie infiintat de Guvern
- Programul de guvernare 2017-2020
- Salariul de baza minim brut garantat in plata, majorat la 1.450 lei lunar
- Salariul de baza minim brut garantat in plata in 2017, stabilt de viitorul Guvern
- Fonduri europene de 373 milioane euro destinate primariilor pentru infrastructura de termoficare si transport a energiei electrice si gazelor
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica
- Ultimele statistici privind creditele Prima Casa: crestere de 20% fata de anul trecut
- Rata inflatiei - statistici anuale conform datelor INS
low income auto ... detalii
car insurance quotes Carlisle PA ... detalii
hai ca sunteti penibili
Bă, voi habar nu aveți cum s-a născut proiectul de lege a conversiei creditelor în CHF la curs ... detalii
Straniu este ca din toate ordinele emise de BNR s-a publicat abia ordinul nr 21 pe site. Chiar acum ... detalii
DE CE NU FUNCTIONEAZA CARDUL
BUNA ZIUA, AM O PROBLEMA CU CARDUL;ACUM CITEVA ZILE MAI EXACT,JOI PE DATA DE 20-07-2017,AM PRIMIT ... detalii