National Bank of Romania decisions on monetary policy
In its meeting of 5 April 2017, the Board of the National Bank of Romania decided the following:
- to keep unchanged the monetary policy rate at 1.75 percent per annum;
- to pursue adequate liquidity management in the banking system; and
- to maintain the existing levels of minimum reserve requirement ratios on both leu- and foreign currency-denominated liabilities of credit institutions.
The annual inflation rate returned to positive territory in January 2017, reaching 0.1 percent, from -0.54 percent in December 2016, and advanced to 0.2 percent in February, thus matching the projected level.
In line with expectations, the annual adjusted CORE2 inflation rate1 rose to 0.9 percent in February, compared with 0.3 percent at the end of 2016.
Against this backdrop, the average 12-month CPI inflation further posted less negative rates, climbing to -1.1 percent in February, from -1.5 percent in December 2016; calculated based on the Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices, the annual average moved up to -0.7 percent, against -1.1 percent in the final month of 2016.
Economic growth accelerated at a faster-than-expected pace in 2016 Q4, with real GDP rising at an annual rate of 4.7 percent, against 4.3 percent in the previous quarter. The pick-up in GDP dynamics was widely ascribed to the contribution of net exports, amid the slightly brisker growth of exports and the slightly slower increase in imports of goods and services, while domestic demand played a secondary part. On the supply side, the services sector strengthened its dominant position in terms of GDP formation.
In 2016 as a whole, GDP growth hit an eight-year high of 4.8 percent. The current account deficit widened to 2.3 percent of GDP, against 1.2 percent a year earlier, mainly on the back of a worsening in the trade balance and the balance on primary income.
For the beginning of 2017, available statistical data show a further high growth rate of turnover volume in trade and a swifter increase in industrial production, together with an ongoing contraction of activity in the construction sector. Unit wage costs industry-wide edged higher, with wage growth still well above labour productivity growth, despite a slight recovery in the latter at the end of 2016 and the start of 2017.
Real monetary conditions remained stimulative in 2017 Q1. The annual growth of credit to the private sector continued in February, largely on account of the advance in new loans to non-financial corporations. The share of leu-denominated credit in total private sector loans widened to 57.7 percent (from a low of 34.6 percent in May 2012), amid further divergent developments in the two components (up 13.9 percent for lei and down 11.5 percent for foreign currency in February). This certifies the improvement in monetary policy transmission, while also helping mitigate risks to financial stability.
The most recent assessments reconfirm the outlook for the annual inflation rate to stick to a slightly upward path in the following months, while remaining significantly below the lower bound of the variation band of the flat target. This is in line with the annual inflation rate trajectory shown by the latest medium-term forecast, published in the February 2017 Inflation Report. The uncertainties and risks surrounding the inflation outlook stem from both domestic and external sources.
Domestically, they arise primarily from the evolution of fiscal and income policies in 2017, as well as from the uncertainties regarding the future adjustments in administered prices – especially those related to the energy market deregulation –, whose developments may differ from the initial assessments.
Looking at the external environment, risks stem mainly from the uncertainty surrounding economic growth and inflation developments in the euro area, regionally and globally, as well as from the fluctuations in international oil prices.
Against this background and based on currently available data, the Board of the National Bank of Romania decided to keep unchanged the monetary policy rate at 1.75 percent per annum, to further pursue adequate liquidity management in the banking system, and to maintain the existing levels of minimum reserve requirement ratios on both leu- and foreign currency-denominated liabilities of credit institutions.
The NBR Board decisions aim to ensure and preserve price stability over the medium term in a manner conducive to achieving sustainable economic growth. The NBR Board reiterates that a balanced macroeconomic policy mix and progress in structural reforms are of the essence in preserving a stable macroeconomic framework and strengthening the capacity of the Romanian economy to withstand potentially adverse global developments.
The NBR is closely monitoring domestic and external developments and stands ready to use all its available tools.
The account (minutes) of discussions underlying the adoption of the monetary policy decision during today’s meeting will be posted on the NBR website on 12 April 2017, at 3:00 p.m. In line with the announced calendar, the next monetary policy meeting of the NBR Board is scheduled for 5 May 2017, when a new quarterly Inflation Report is to be examined.
1 Calculated by excluding from the consumer price index the following categories: administered prices, volatile prices, and tobacco and alcoholic beverage prices.
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: ENGLISH
Telekom Romania and Alior Bank launch Telekom Banking (press release): - Free of charge withdrawals from any ATM in the country and abroad; - Free of charge intra and inter-banking lei transfers, via Internet and Mobile Banking; - Advantageous detalii
NBR Board decisions on monetary policy - press release - In its meeting of 3 October 2017, the Board of the National Bank of Romania decided the following: - to keep unchanged the monetary policy rate at 1.75 percent per annum; - to pursue adequate detalii
National Bank of Greece S.A. (“NBG”) announces the signing of a definitive agreement with ΟΤP Bank Romania (“OTP”) for the divestment to OTP of its 99.28% stake in its Romanian subsidiary Banca Romaneasca (“BROM”) and of a portfolio of detalii
INTESA SANPAOLO SIGNS CONTRACT TO ACQUIRE CERTAIN ASSETS AND LIABILITIES OF
BANCA POPOLARE DI VICENZA AND VENETO BANCA (press release) Turin - Milan, 26 June 2017 – Following the unanimous decision reached by its board of directors, detalii
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- IMF Director Christine Lagarde Calls for Broad-based Policy Effort to Reinvigorate Growth
- HSBC, by first direct and Bud, is trialling an open banking app model
- Probleme cu autorizarea platilor online cu carduri Mastercard si Maestro
- Sistemul informatic al Raiffeisen (carduri, ATM-uri, POS-uri, online banking) nu a functionat in aceasta dimineata
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector
- EBA consults on Guidelines on security measures for operational and security risks under the PSD2
- Other Systemically Important Institutions (O-SIIs)
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Mario Draghi: Security through unity - making integration work for Europe
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB - Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future (speech by Janet Yellen, The Fed chair)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Federal Reserve raised the target range for the federal funds rate to 3/4 to 1 percent
- Banca Transilvania and EBRD become majority shareholders of Victoriabank in Moldova
- BERD devine actionar Agricover Holding
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Lege pentru modificarea şi completarea Ordonanţei de urgenţă a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plată
- Ordonanță de urgență pentru modificarea şi completarea Legii nr. 227/2015 privind Codul fiscal
- OUG 113/2009 privind serviciile de plata
- Regulamentul BNR nr. 20/2009 privind institutiile financiare nebancare
- Regulamentul BNR Nr. 17 din 2012 privind unele conditii de creditare
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi impotriva Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti in procesul privind bancile pentru locuinte dintre Ministerul Dezvoltarii si Curtea de Conturi
- Motivarea deciziei Tribunalului Bucuresti in procesul colectiv dintre Raiffeisen Bank si Piperea privind conversia la cursul istoric a creditelor in franci elvetieni (CHF)
- Raiffeisen Bank pierde un proces cu un client care a cerut darea in plata a creditului
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti privind amenda primita de Raiffeisen Bank de la ANPC pentru majorarea dobanzii la creditele restructurate
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au scazut cu 13%
- Biroul de Credit: restantele populatiei la banci si IFN-uri sunt in crestere
- Rata creditelor neperformante scade in continuare
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au atins un nou record de crestere in august
- Lista IFN-urilor din Registrul Special al BNR
- Posta vrea sa instaleze bancomate
- Guvernul isi majoreaza cheltuielile cu 500 milioane lei, iar veniturile cu 280 milioane lei, printr-o rectificare bugetara
- Guvernul anunta modificări ale Codului fiscal privind impozitul pentru IMM-uri, impozitul pe venit și contribuțiile sociale
- Ministerul Finantelor anunta modificari ale Codului Fiscal privind masuri importante pentru cetateni
- Tinta de deficit de 2,96% din PIB pentru anul 2017 nu este in pericol, precizeaza Ministerul Finantelor
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)
- Ultimele statistici privind creditele Prima Casa: crestere de 20% fata de anul trecut
Oferta de împrumut în termen de 48 de ore
E-mail:email@example.com Elena bani de împrumut între special scumpe Domnul şi doamna ... detalii
Aveți nevoie de un împrumut între individ?
E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Nu are nici o preocupare în acest moment, deoarece acestea ... detalii
Lucrezia in Italia ci contratto per ternen nedeterminat de 2 ani si am nevoie de un imprimitura 15.000€pentru cumpararea Unui apartament in orasul Cernavoda astept raspunsde multumesc anticipatamente ne .de tel Este 00393208293967 multumesc
Poprire ,de ce ?
Poate sa iti blocheze un cont de imprumut bancar ? Am fost sunata de banca ca am banii necesari ... detalii
sa verific cinti bani am pe ... detalii