ECB concludes comprehensive assessment for nine banks
ECB concludes comprehensive assessment for nine banks (ECB Banking Supervision statement):
- In-depth review carried out over the course of 2015 identifies capital shortfalls at five of the nine banks examined, four of which have already covered the shortfall
- Shortfalls amount to €1.74 billion resulting from CET1 ratios falling below threshold of 5.5% in adverse stress test scenario, after including impact of asset quality review (AQR)
- Total AQR adjustments to asset carrying values of €453 million mainly arise from a 32% increase in provisioning needs
- Adverse scenario projects 6.1 percentage point weighted average decline in CET1 ratio of participating banks
- Initial comprehensive assessment is a requirement for all banks that become or are likely to become subject to direct ECB supervision
- ECB Banking Supervision conducted a comprehensive assessment for nine banks from March to November 2015. This followed an exercise in 2014, in which the ECB assessed 130 banks in preparation for assuming direct banking supervision of the largest banking groups within the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM).
An initial comprehensive assessment by the ECB is a requirement of all banks that become or are likely to become subject to direct ECB supervision and is similar to the rigorous exercise undertaken for the directly supervised banks last year. Five of the banks participating in this year’s exercise had already become subject to direct ECB supervision in 2014, while the remaining four banks will be as of January 2016.
It should be noted that the comprehensive assessment undertaken for all banks falling under, or likely to fall under, direct ECB supervision is different in nature from exercises carried out as part of on-going direct supervision or those specifically requested from the ECB.
The 2015 exercise consisted of an asset quality review (AQR) and a stress test. It was similar to last year’s comprehensive assessment in terms of its scope and depth, given that the AQR and stress test were performed based on the methodologies applied in 2014.
It constituted a prudential rather than an accounting exercise and the threshold ratios applied for identifying capital shortfalls were maintained at the same levels as in 2014: a Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) ratio of 8% for the AQR and the stress test baseline scenario, and a CET1 ratio of 5.5% for the stress test adverse scenario. The CET1 ratio is a key measure of a bank’s financial soundness.
The AQR was a point-in-time assessment of the carrying values of banks’ assets as at 31 December 2014. It resulted in aggregate adjustments to carrying values of €453 million across all participating banks, largely stemming from the identification of additional non-performing exposures (NPEs) and increases in specific and collective provision levels. This led to net changes in banks’ CET1 ratios ranging from 0 to -1.6 percentage points.
The AQR results served as a starting point for the stress test, which projected the evolution of banks’ capital positions over three years (2015-2017) under a baseline scenario and an adverse scenario. The adverse scenario projected a weighted average decline of 6.1 percentage points in the CET1 ratio of the participating banks.
No bank fell below the threshold ratio of 8% CET1 after the AQR, while the effect of the combined AQR and stress test resulted in five banks falling below the threshold ratio of 5.5% CET1 in the adverse scenario.
The aggregate capital shortfall identified across these five banks is €1.74 billion. This will partly be covered by recent capital increases undertaken since January 2015 and other eligible measures.
As in the 2014 exercise, the banks will be required to address remaining shortfalls in a timely manner by issuing capital instruments or undertaking other eligible measures to restore their capital positions to the required levels. This implies that shortfalls arising from the adverse scenario of the stress test will be expected to be covered within nine months after the publication of the comprehensive assessment results.
The five banks facing shortfalls will have to submit capital plans detailing the relevant measures within two weeks after the publication date. The implementation and monitoring of the relevant actions will be aligned with the annual Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP) carried out by the Joint Supervisory Teams (JSTs) in charge of supervising the banks concerned.
Remediation actions will not be limited to closing capital gaps. Banks must also take measures to address qualitative findings of the AQR, such as weaknesses in their systems and processes.
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: Noutati BCE
Mario Draghi, President of the ECB,
Vítor Constâncio, Vice-President of the ECB,
Frankfurt am Main, 14 December 2017 INTRODUCTORY STATEMENT Ladies and gentlemen, the Vice-President and I are very pleased to welcome you to our press detalii
Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB, at the Economic Policy Symposium of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Jackson Hole, 25 August 2017 The global recovery is firming up. In some countries detalii
Decizii de politică monetară (comunicat de presa al BCE) În ședința de astăzi, Consiliul guvernatorilor BCE a hotărât ca rata dobânzii la operațiunile principale de refinanțare și ratele dobânzilor la facilitatea de creditare marginală detalii
Mario Draghi, President of the ECB, Vítor Constâncio, Vice-President of the ECB, Frankfurt am Main, 9 March 2017 Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A): Ladies and gentlemen, the Vice-President and I are very pleased to detalii
Dana Mirela Ionescu, Presedinte&CEO - Raiffeisen Capital&Investment
O tanara de 34 de ani, care a lucrat pe Wall ... vezi profil
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- Jaewoo Lee, new IMF mission chief for Romania and Bulgaria
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- HSBC, by first direct and Bud, is trialling an open banking app model
- Probleme cu autorizarea platilor online cu carduri Mastercard si Maestro
- Sistemul informatic al Raiffeisen (carduri, ATM-uri, POS-uri, online banking) nu a functionat in aceasta dimineata
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA Risk Dashboard
- EBA Risk Dashboard confirms steady improvements in the EU banking sector but banks profitability and business model sustainability remain key challenges
- EBA report on risks and vulnerabilities in the EU banking sector
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- ECB: Insights into the digital transformation of the retail payments ecosystem
- ECB introductory statement on Governing Council decisions
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement
- A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future (speech by Janet Yellen, The Fed chair)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Banca Transilvania and EBRD become majority shareholders of Victoriabank in Moldova
- BERD devine actionar Agricover Holding
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Directiva privind Serviciile de Plata (PSD)
- Hotararea Guvernului nr. 2/2018 pentru modificarea si completarea Hotararii Guvernului nr. 717/2009 privind aprobarea normelor de implementare a programului "Prima casa"
- Normele metodologice pentru aplicarea Ordonantei de urgenta a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plata
- Legea nr. 151 din 2015 privind procedura insolventei persoanelor fizice
- Legea nr. 258/2017 privind comparabilitatea comisioanelor aferente conturilor de plati, schimbarea conturilor de plati si accesul la conturile de plati cu servicii de baza
- BCR a fost reclamata la CEDO de clientii care au pierdut procesele privind clauzele abuzive din contractele de credit
- Instanta de judecata decide executarea silita a girantului unui credit, debitorul principal fiind insolvabil
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de anulare a Ordinului ANPC impotriva Raiffeisen Bank privind debitarea veniturilor clientilor
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi impotriva Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti in procesul privind bancile pentru locuinte dintre Ministerul Dezvoltarii si Curtea de Conturi
- Statisticile cardurilor, platilor, POS-urilor si bancomatelor
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au scazut cu 13%
- Biroul de Credit: restantele populatiei la banci si IFN-uri sunt in crestere
- Rata creditelor neperformante scade in continuare
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au atins un nou record de crestere in august
- Guvernul a alocat garantii de 2 miliarde lei pentru Programul Prima Casa in 2018
- Transferul contributiilor de la angajator la angajat va avea aplicabilitate cel putin pana in anul 2020, spune Ministerul Finantelor
- Sinteza proiectului de buget pentru anul 2018 publicata de Ministerul Finantelor
- Posta vrea sa instaleze bancomate
- Guvernul isi majoreaza cheltuielile cu 500 milioane lei, iar veniturile cu 280 milioane lei, printr-o rectificare bugetara
- Numarul fimelor active din Romania, conform statisticilor Registrului Comertului
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)
Cheap Nike Huarache,nike air ... detalii
NIKE AIR BERWUDA,NIKE AIR ... detalii
NIKE ZOOM KOBE VENOMENON 5 EP, ... detalii
adidas nmd,adidas nmd ... detalii
Adidas NMD,Adidas NMD ... detalii