Banking: Creditor hierarchy, IFRS 9/large exposures rules approved by Council of the European Union
Banking: Creditor hierarchy, IFRS 9/large exposures rules approved (Council of the European Union statement):
On 15 November 2017, EU ambassadors endorsed, on behalf of the Council, an agreement with the European Parliament on two banking proposals:
- a draft directive on the ranking of unsecured debt instruments in insolvency proceedings (bank creditor hierarchy);
- a draft regulation on transitional arrangements to phase in the regulatory capital impact of the IFRS 9 international accounting standard.
The draft regulation also contains a phase-out of provisions on the large exposures treatment of public sector debt denominated in non-domestic EU currencies.
"Risk reduction in the banking union is fundamental for avoiding a new crisis. It is a precondition for euro area reform", said Toomas Tõniste, minister for finance of Estonia, which currently holds the Council presidency. "These two proposals will help achieve legal certainty for market players, whilst aligning our legislation with new prudential standards agreed at international level."
Provisional agreement with the Parliament was reached on 25 October 2017. The Parliament is now expected to approve the regulation at first reading. The text will then be submitted to the Council for adoption.
Creditor hierarchy in insolvency proceedings
Directive 2014/59/EU on bank recovery and resolution subordinates uncovered deposits (above €100 000) to covered deposits in the event of insolvency proceedings. It establishes a preference for natural persons and SMEs. It does not provide, however, for subordination for senior unsecured debt securities versus other forms of unsecured debt claims.
Such a specification is now necessary in view of the Financial Stability Board´s November 2015 ´total loss-absorbing capacity´ (TLAC) standard. To be implemented by global systemically important banks in 2019, the TLAC standard requires the holding of subordinated instruments (´subordination requirement´).
The draft directive therefore requires member states to create a new class of ´non-preferred´ senior debt, eligible to meet the subordination requirement.
It will thereby facilitate the application of EU bail-in rules in cross-border situations and avoid distortions of the EU single market. A number of member states have amended or are in the process of amending their insolvency laws. The absence of harmonised EU rules creates uncertainty for banks and investors alike.
The draft, which mainly amends article 108 of the directive on bank recovery and resolution, has been made a priority amongst other banking proposals presented by the Commission in November 2016. The aim is to provide legal certainty for banks and investors.
IFRS 9 and large exposures
The regulation will mitigate the potential negative regulatory capital impact on banks of the introduction of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) 9.
IFRS 9 was published by the International Accounting Standards Board in July 2014. Regulation 2016/2067 requires EU banks to use it in their financial statements for financial years starting on or after 1 January 2018.
IFRS 9 is aimed at improving the loss provisioning of financial instruments by addressing concerns that arose during the financial crisis. It responds to the G20’s call for a more forward-looking model for the recognition of expected credit losses on financial assets.
Use of IFRS 9 by banks may however lead to a sudden increase in expected credit loss (ECL) provisions and a consequent sudden fall in their regulatory capital ratios. Transitional arrangements are needed from 1 January 2018, consistent with use of the new accounting standard. It was therefore decided to split and fast-track the entry into force of certain provisions from a broader November 2016 Commission proposal amending regulation 575/2013 on bank capital requirements.
The resulting draft regulation will allow banks to add back to their ‘common equity tier 1’ capital a portion of the increased ECL provisions as extra capital during a five-year transitional period. That added amount will progressively decrease to zero during the course of the transitional period.
The draft regulation also provides for a three-year phase-out of an exemption from the large exposure limit for banks´ exposures to public sector debt denominated in the currency of another member state.
The exemption is used by banks in several non-eurozone member states for their euro-denominated holdings of those member states´ public debt. Unless regulation 575/2013 is amended, the exemption will cease to apply after 31 December 2017. The phase-out is intended to soften the impact of its termination.
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: ENGLISH
European Council: Romania has failed to take effective action to correct a significant budgetary deviation
On 5 December 2017, the Council adopted a decision establishing that Romania has failed to take effective action to correct a significant budgetary deviation. It issued a new recommendation, revising a recommendation already addressed to Romania under the EU’s ‘significant detalii
The SEPA Instant Credit Transfer (SCT Inst) scheme created by the European Payments Council is operational. As of today, nearly 600 payment service providers (PSPs) from eight European countries are offering instant payment solutions based on SCT Inst. Transferring money detalii
Banking: Creditor hierarchy, IFRS 9/large exposures rules approved (Council of the European Union statement): On 15 November 2017, EU ambassadors endorsed, on behalf of the Council, an agreement with the European Parliament on two banking proposals: - a draft detalii
Telekom Romania and Alior Bank launch Telekom Banking (press release): - Free of charge withdrawals from any ATM in the country and abroad; - Free of charge intra and inter-banking lei transfers, via Internet and Mobile Banking; - Advantageous detalii
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- Jaewoo Lee, new IMF mission chief for Romania and Bulgaria
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- HSBC, by first direct and Bud, is trialling an open banking app model
- Probleme cu autorizarea platilor online cu carduri Mastercard si Maestro
- Sistemul informatic al Raiffeisen (carduri, ATM-uri, POS-uri, online banking) nu a functionat in aceasta dimineata
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA report on risks and vulnerabilities in the EU banking sector
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector
- EBA consults on Guidelines on security measures for operational and security risks under the PSD2
- ECB introductory statement on Governing Council decisions
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Mario Draghi: Security through unity - making integration work for Europe
- Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement
- A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future (speech by Janet Yellen, The Fed chair)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Banca Transilvania and EBRD become majority shareholders of Victoriabank in Moldova
- BERD devine actionar Agricover Holding
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Lege pentru modificarea şi completarea Ordonanţei de urgenţă a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plată
- Ordonanță de urgență pentru modificarea şi completarea Legii nr. 227/2015 privind Codul fiscal
- OUG 113/2009 privind serviciile de plata
- Regulamentul BNR nr. 20/2009 privind institutiile financiare nebancare
- Regulamentul BNR Nr. 17 din 2012 privind unele conditii de creditare
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de anulare a Ordinului ANPC impotriva Raiffeisen Bank privind debitarea veniturilor clientilor
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi impotriva Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti in procesul privind bancile pentru locuinte dintre Ministerul Dezvoltarii si Curtea de Conturi
- Motivarea deciziei Tribunalului Bucuresti in procesul colectiv dintre Raiffeisen Bank si Piperea privind conversia la cursul istoric a creditelor in franci elvetieni (CHF)
- Raiffeisen Bank pierde un proces cu un client care a cerut darea in plata a creditului
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au scazut cu 13%
- Biroul de Credit: restantele populatiei la banci si IFN-uri sunt in crestere
- Rata creditelor neperformante scade in continuare
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au atins un nou record de crestere in august
- Lista IFN-urilor din Registrul Special al BNR
- Sinteza proiectului de buget pentru anul 2018 publicata de Ministerul Finantelor
- Posta vrea sa instaleze bancomate
- Guvernul isi majoreaza cheltuielile cu 500 milioane lei, iar veniturile cu 280 milioane lei, printr-o rectificare bugetara
- Guvernul anunta modificări ale Codului fiscal privind impozitul pentru IMM-uri, impozitul pe venit și contribuțiile sociale
- Ministerul Finantelor anunta modificari ale Codului Fiscal privind masuri importante pentru cetateni
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)
- Ultimele statistici privind creditele Prima Casa: crestere de 20% fata de anul trecut
Merge cu intermitente
Pe bune?? “Merge cu intermitente”? Adica asa prost ne credeti incat sa ingitim galusca cu ... detalii
Prea mulți clienți?!!!
"... banca are in continuare probleme cu sistemul informatic, pe fondul cresterii numarului de ... detalii
Ora 18.15: nu functioneaza la parametri normali!
Nu se pot efectua transferuri! Azi este zi de salariu si oamenii nu au inca banii in ... detalii
Nu merge home bank ING
Astazi nu a functionat toata ziua, si la ora 17:30 cand scriu acest mesaj nu functioneaza.La ... detalii
Home Bank nu functioneaza
Nici astazi (15.12.2017) Home Bank de la ING nu functioneaza. Vedeti detalii in primul articol de ... detalii