UniCredit sells Bank Pekao stake to Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń and Polski Fundusz Rozwoju
UniCredit S.p.A. ("UniCredit") today announced it has entered into an agreement for the disposal of a 32.8 per cent stake in Bank Pekao S.A. ("Pekao" or the "Company") to Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń S.A. ("PZU") and Polish Development Fund S.A. ("PFR") (the "Transaction"), said the bank in a statement.
The Transaction is subject to the customary regulatory and antitrust approvals and is expected to be completed around mid-2017.
In order to complete the disposal of its entire stake in the Company, UniCredit is also planning to carry out a market transaction with respect to the remaining 7.3 per cent of Pekao's share capital. The transaction will be executed via secured equity-linked certificates (the "Certificates"). This will allow UniCredit to benefit from the potential upside in the shares of Pekao resulting from the additional value which PZU and PFR may be able to generate following the completion of the acquisition. Such transaction will be subject of a separate communication to the market.
UniCredit's sale of its entire stake in Pekao is a tangible demonstration of the strategic approach announced on 11 July 2016; that, going forward, the Group intends to focus on reinforcing and optimising its capital position, whilst maintaining strategic flexibility to seize value creating opportunities. The full outcome of the strategic review will be unveiled at a Capital Markets Day in London on 13 December 2016.
The agreed purchase price for the disposal of 32.8 per cent stake to PZU and PFR is equal to PLN 123 per share, or PLN 10.6 billion for the shareholding sold (equivalent to ca. Euro 2.4 bn at current exchange rate) and is equivalent to a price to book value multiple of 1.42x based on 30 September 2016 accounts.
The Transaction will have a positive impact of approximately 55 basis points on UniCredit Group CET1 ratio as of 30 September 2016. The disposal of Pekao shares representing the residual stake of 7.3 per cent is expected to generate a capital release upon the expiration of the Certificates.
In the context of the Transaction, UniCredit has agreed to continue providing certain interim servicing agreement - mainly on IT applications - on an arm's length basis to allow for a smooth transition of Pekao out of the Group. UniCredit has further more provided to PZU and PFR a specific indemnity on Pekao's exposure to CHF, limited in amount and timing should any change in regulation occur in Poland. Pekao's market share in CHF-denominated loans in Poland amounts to 3%.
In addition to the Transaction, UniCredit has agreed with PZU and PFR to the transfer of its shareholdings in a number of Polish companies: Pioneer Pekao Investment Management S.A., Pekao Pioneer PTE S.A. and Dom Inwestycyjny Xelion sp. z o.o., for an aggregate consideration of PLN 634 million (equivalent to ca. Euro 142 million at current exchange rate). Furthermore, the parties have agreed to negotiate a commercial agreement to serve UniCredit customer base accessing Poland, in line with past practices and leveraging on Pekao's quality of service.
Commenting on the overall transaction, Jean Pierre Mustier, Chief Executive Officer of UniCredit, said: "In July, we announced the launch of an in-depth strategic review aimed at reinforcing and optimizing UniCredit's capital position, improving profitability, and ensuring continuous transformation of operations, whilst maintaining flexibility to seize value creating opportunities. This transaction is an early illustration of that review and I am pleased we have reached an agreement with PZU and PFR for the sale of a stake in Pekao. At the same time, the transaction will allow customers to continue to receive the same quality service they have come to expect from Pekao. Thanks to PZU's leading position in the Polish financial services market and PFR's role in the development of the country's economy, their joint commitment to Pekao staff, customers and existing shareholders is ensured."
Morgan Stanley, UBS Investment Bank and UniCredit Corporate & Investment Banking were joint financial advisors and Weil, Gotshal & Manges provided legal advice.
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: ENGLISH
European Council: Romania has failed to take effective action to correct a significant budgetary deviation
On 5 December 2017, the Council adopted a decision establishing that Romania has failed to take effective action to correct a significant budgetary deviation. It issued a new recommendation, revising a recommendation already addressed to Romania under the EU’s ‘significant detalii
The SEPA Instant Credit Transfer (SCT Inst) scheme created by the European Payments Council is operational. As of today, nearly 600 payment service providers (PSPs) from eight European countries are offering instant payment solutions based on SCT Inst. Transferring money detalii
Banking: Creditor hierarchy, IFRS 9/large exposures rules approved (Council of the European Union statement): On 15 November 2017, EU ambassadors endorsed, on behalf of the Council, an agreement with the European Parliament on two banking proposals: - a draft detalii
Telekom Romania and Alior Bank launch Telekom Banking (press release): - Free of charge withdrawals from any ATM in the country and abroad; - Free of charge intra and inter-banking lei transfers, via Internet and Mobile Banking; - Advantageous detalii
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- Jaewoo Lee, new IMF mission chief for Romania and Bulgaria
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- HSBC, by first direct and Bud, is trialling an open banking app model
- Probleme cu autorizarea platilor online cu carduri Mastercard si Maestro
- Sistemul informatic al Raiffeisen (carduri, ATM-uri, POS-uri, online banking) nu a functionat in aceasta dimineata
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA report on risks and vulnerabilities in the EU banking sector
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector
- EBA consults on Guidelines on security measures for operational and security risks under the PSD2
- ECB introductory statement on Governing Council decisions
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Mario Draghi: Security through unity - making integration work for Europe
- Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement
- A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future (speech by Janet Yellen, The Fed chair)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Banca Transilvania and EBRD become majority shareholders of Victoriabank in Moldova
- BERD devine actionar Agricover Holding
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Lege pentru modificarea şi completarea Ordonanţei de urgenţă a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plată
- Ordonanță de urgență pentru modificarea şi completarea Legii nr. 227/2015 privind Codul fiscal
- OUG 113/2009 privind serviciile de plata
- Regulamentul BNR nr. 20/2009 privind institutiile financiare nebancare
- Regulamentul BNR Nr. 17 din 2012 privind unele conditii de creditare
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de anulare a Ordinului ANPC impotriva Raiffeisen Bank privind debitarea veniturilor clientilor
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi impotriva Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti in procesul privind bancile pentru locuinte dintre Ministerul Dezvoltarii si Curtea de Conturi
- Motivarea deciziei Tribunalului Bucuresti in procesul colectiv dintre Raiffeisen Bank si Piperea privind conversia la cursul istoric a creditelor in franci elvetieni (CHF)
- Raiffeisen Bank pierde un proces cu un client care a cerut darea in plata a creditului
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au scazut cu 13%
- Biroul de Credit: restantele populatiei la banci si IFN-uri sunt in crestere
- Rata creditelor neperformante scade in continuare
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au atins un nou record de crestere in august
- Lista IFN-urilor din Registrul Special al BNR
- Sinteza proiectului de buget pentru anul 2018 publicata de Ministerul Finantelor
- Posta vrea sa instaleze bancomate
- Guvernul isi majoreaza cheltuielile cu 500 milioane lei, iar veniturile cu 280 milioane lei, printr-o rectificare bugetara
- Guvernul anunta modificări ale Codului fiscal privind impozitul pentru IMM-uri, impozitul pe venit și contribuțiile sociale
- Ministerul Finantelor anunta modificari ale Codului Fiscal privind masuri importante pentru cetateni
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)
- Ultimele statistici privind creditele Prima Casa: crestere de 20% fata de anul trecut
Merge cu intermitente
Pe bune?? “Merge cu intermitente”? Adica asa prost ne credeti incat sa ingitim galusca cu ... detalii
Prea mulți clienți?!!!
"... banca are in continuare probleme cu sistemul informatic, pe fondul cresterii numarului de ... detalii
Ora 18.15: nu functioneaza la parametri normali!
Nu se pot efectua transferuri! Azi este zi de salariu si oamenii nu au inca banii in ... detalii
Nu merge home bank ING
Astazi nu a functionat toata ziua, si la ora 17:30 cand scriu acest mesaj nu functioneaza.La ... detalii
Home Bank nu functioneaza
Nici astazi (15.12.2017) Home Bank de la ING nu functioneaza. Vedeti detalii in primul articol de ... detalii