ECB finds total capital shortfall of €14.4 billion for four significant Greek banks
ECB finds total capital shortfall of €14.4 billion for four significant Greek banks (ECB Banking Supervition press release):
- Comprehensive assessment reveals total capital shortfall of €4.4 billion and €14.4 billion at the four significant Greek banks under the baseline and the adverse scenarios, respectively
- Shortfalls include AQR adjustments of €9.2 billion
- Banks must submit capital plans explaining how they will cover the shortfall by 6 November
-Covering the shortfalls will improve the resilience of the banks’ balance sheets
ECB Banking Supervision conducted a comprehensive assessment of the four significant Greek banks (Alpha Bank, Eurobank, National Bank of Greece and Piraeus Bank) in line with the decision by the Euro Summit on 12 July 2015 and the Memorandum of Understanding between the European Commission, acting on behalf of the European Stability Mechanism, the Hellenic Republic and the Bank of Greece, signed on 19 August 2015.
This assessment comprised an asset quality review (AQR) and a forward-looking stress test, including a baseline and an adverse scenario, in order to assess the specific recapitalisation needs of the individual banks under the third economic adjustment programme for Greece.
The AQR resulted in aggregate adjustments of €9.2 billion to participating banks' asset carrying values as of 30 June 2015. Also, non-performing exposure (NPE) stocks were increased by €7 billion across the four banks, with the corresponding provisions already considered in the aforementioned AQR adjustments.
In addition to adjustments made directly to current carrying values, the AQR result was also reflected in the projection of banks' capital adequacy under hypothetical scenarios performed in the stress test.
Overall, the stress test identified a capital shortfall across the four participating banks of €4.4 billion under the baseline scenario and €14.4 billion under the adverse scenario, including AQR adjustments, after comparing the projected solvency ratios against the thresholds defined for the exercise.
The four banks will have to submit capital plans to ECB Banking Supervision explaining how they intend to cover their shortfalls by 6 November. This will start a recapitalisation process under the economic adjustment programme that must conclude before the end of the year.
Covering the shortfalls by raising capital will result in the creation of prudential buffers at the four Greek banks, which will improve the resilience of their balance sheets and their capacity to withstand potential adverse macroeconomic shocks.
To ensure consistency, the 2015 AQR was in line with the methodology of the 2014 comprehensive assessment; thorough quality assurance of the AQR results was performed by ECB Banking Supervision on the local and central levels.
Significant AQR adjustments have been identified in this exercise; despite the effort made by banks to record in their accounts an important part of the AQR findings from 2014. These were primarily driven by the deterioration in the macroeconomic environment in Greece, which led to higher NPE volumes as well as lower collateral values and cash flow valuations. Moreover, the standardisation of the definition of key metrics across the EU resulted in further NPE and impairment recognition in the AQR.
For example, the full implementation of the European Banking Authority’s implementing technical standards on NPE meant that forborne exposures could be better identified and tested for impairment. Finally, the disallowance of tax offsets within the AQR has amplified the adjustments of the AQR 2015 vis-à-vis 2014.
The stress test was led centrally by the ECB and was based on data provided by the participating banks, which was quality assured by a central team. The methodology applied was largely based on the 2014 stress test performed by the European Banking Authority and the ECB.
It consisted of both a baseline and an adverse scenario, applied for the period from 30 June 2015 to 31 December 2017. Greek banks were required to maintain a minimum Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) ratio of 9.5% and 8% under the baseline scenario and adverse scenario, respectively.
Where a bank has a capital shortfall in more than one part of the exercise, the maximum amount determines the final capital shortfall that needs to be covered. The baseline scenario was defined as part of the third economic adjustment programme for Greece and the adverse scenario was developed by the ECB in consultation with the EU Commission and the International Monetary Fund.
The assumptions of GDP growth for both scenarios are outlined in the table below:
Detailed results and information on the outcome of the exercise can be found in the disclosure templates and the aggregate report at the ECB Banking Supervision website.
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: Noutati BCE
Mario Draghi, President of the ECB,
Vítor Constâncio, Vice-President of the ECB,
Frankfurt am Main, 14 December 2017 INTRODUCTORY STATEMENT Ladies and gentlemen, the Vice-President and I are very pleased to welcome you to our press detalii
Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB, at the Economic Policy Symposium of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Jackson Hole, 25 August 2017 The global recovery is firming up. In some countries detalii
Decizii de politică monetară (comunicat de presa al BCE) În ședința de astăzi, Consiliul guvernatorilor BCE a hotărât ca rata dobânzii la operațiunile principale de refinanțare și ratele dobânzilor la facilitatea de creditare marginală detalii
Mario Draghi, President of the ECB, Vítor Constâncio, Vice-President of the ECB, Frankfurt am Main, 9 March 2017 Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A): Ladies and gentlemen, the Vice-President and I are very pleased to detalii
Luminita Cioaca, Deputy General Manager, CFO
Ocupa functia de director general adjunct la ... vezi profil
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- Jaewoo Lee, new IMF mission chief for Romania and Bulgaria
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- HSBC, by first direct and Bud, is trialling an open banking app model
- Probleme cu autorizarea platilor online cu carduri Mastercard si Maestro
- Sistemul informatic al Raiffeisen (carduri, ATM-uri, POS-uri, online banking) nu a functionat in aceasta dimineata
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA Risk Dashboard
- EBA Risk Dashboard confirms steady improvements in the EU banking sector but banks profitability and business model sustainability remain key challenges
- EBA report on risks and vulnerabilities in the EU banking sector
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- ECB: Insights into the digital transformation of the retail payments ecosystem
- ECB introductory statement on Governing Council decisions
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement
- A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future (speech by Janet Yellen, The Fed chair)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Banca Transilvania and EBRD become majority shareholders of Victoriabank in Moldova
- BERD devine actionar Agricover Holding
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Directiva privind Serviciile de Plata (PSD)
- Hotararea Guvernului nr. 2/2018 pentru modificarea si completarea Hotararii Guvernului nr. 717/2009 privind aprobarea normelor de implementare a programului "Prima casa"
- Normele metodologice pentru aplicarea Ordonantei de urgenta a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plata
- Legea nr. 151 din 2015 privind procedura insolventei persoanelor fizice
- Legea nr. 258/2017 privind comparabilitatea comisioanelor aferente conturilor de plati, schimbarea conturilor de plati si accesul la conturile de plati cu servicii de baza
- BCR a fost reclamata la CEDO de clientii care au pierdut procesele privind clauzele abuzive din contractele de credit
- Instanta de judecata decide executarea silita a girantului unui credit, debitorul principal fiind insolvabil
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de anulare a Ordinului ANPC impotriva Raiffeisen Bank privind debitarea veniturilor clientilor
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi impotriva Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti in procesul privind bancile pentru locuinte dintre Ministerul Dezvoltarii si Curtea de Conturi
- Statisticile cardurilor, platilor, POS-urilor si bancomatelor
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au scazut cu 13%
- Biroul de Credit: restantele populatiei la banci si IFN-uri sunt in crestere
- Rata creditelor neperformante scade in continuare
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au atins un nou record de crestere in august
- Guvernul a alocat garantii de 2 miliarde lei pentru Programul Prima Casa in 2018
- Transferul contributiilor de la angajator la angajat va avea aplicabilitate cel putin pana in anul 2020, spune Ministerul Finantelor
- Sinteza proiectului de buget pentru anul 2018 publicata de Ministerul Finantelor
- Posta vrea sa instaleze bancomate
- Guvernul isi majoreaza cheltuielile cu 500 milioane lei, iar veniturile cu 280 milioane lei, printr-o rectificare bugetara
- Numarul fimelor active din Romania, conform statisticilor Registrului Comertului
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)
Poprire indemnizație creștere copil si alocație.
În urma unei amenzi de circulatie luată si achitata in 2011 m-am trezit azi cu o poprire pe ... detalii
OTP Bank percepe comision de 0,1% dar nu mai putin de 10 euro + 15 euro SWIFT. Astfel pentru o ... detalii
Buna ziua as dori sa stiu sodul din contul meu din ... detalii
ce se intampla ,daca am intarziat,am incercat sa depun dosar sa beneficiez de lege,dar mi-a fost ... detalii
Am corectat, multumim pentru ... detalii