European Banking Authority (EBA) published the first list of Other Systemically Important Institutions (O-SIIs) in the EU
The European Banking Authority (EBA) published today the first list of Other Systemically Important Institutions (O-SIIs) in the EU, said EBA in a statement.
O-SIIs are those institutions which are deemed systemically relevant in addition to Global Systemically Important Institutions (G-SIIs), already identified(1).
The institutions have been identified by relevant authorities across the Union according to harmonised criteria provided by the EBA(2). This list reflects also the additional capital buffers that the relevant authorities have set for the O-SIIs they have identified.
The EBA disclosed today the first list of all the O-SIIs in the EU, which have been identified on the basis of uniform criteria for the first time. Relevant authorities across the EU jurisdictions have drawn up the list on the basis of the criteria provided by the EBA Guidelines, which define the size, importance (substitutability or financial system infrastructure), complexity (or cross-border activities) and interconnectedness of such institutions.
The EBA Guidelines provide additional flexibility for relevant authorities to apply their supervisory judgment, when deciding to include other institutions, which might have not been automatically identified as O-SIIs. This approach allows for the assessment of all financial systems across the EU in a comparable way, whilst still not excluding those institutions which may be relevant on the basis of specific peculiarities of one EU jurisdiction.
The EBA acts as the single point of disclosure for the list of O-SIIs across the EU, while each relevant authority discloses this information for its respective jurisdiction, along with further details on their rationale and identification process. This additional information is key for understanding the specific features of each O-SII and how they have been identified in terms of supervisory judgment, optional indicators used, buffer decisions and phase-in implementation dates.
The identification of institutions as O-SIIs in the EU is based on 2015 data and going forward, updated lists of O-SIIs will be disclosed on an annual basis, along with the definition of any CET1 capital buffer requirements which may need to be set. Any higher capital requirements will become applicable at least one year after the publication of the list of O-SIIs so as to give institutions enough time to adjust to the new buffer requirements.
Legal basis and next steps
The EBA's Guidelines on the identification of O-SIIs (EBA/GL/2014/10) have been developed in accordance with Directive 2013/36/EU (Capital Requirements Directive - CRD IV), and on the basis of internationally agreed standards, including the framework established by the Financial Stability Board (FSB) and standards developed by the BCBS.
(1)Global systemically important institutions
(2)The EBA Guidelines for the assessment of O-SIIs build on the criteria for Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs) published by the Basel Committee for Banking Supervision (BCBS) available here
Source: EBA statement
Adauga un comentariu
Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook
Alte stiri din categoria: Noutati EBA
The European Banking Authority (EBA) published today a Discussion Paper on its approach to financial technology (FinTech). The EBA sets out in the Discussion Paper the results of the first EU-wide FinTech mapping exercise and its proposals for future work on FinTech.
FinTech has the detalii
The European Banking Authority (EBA) published today the Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2). The Guidelines were developed in close cooperation with the European Central Bank (ECB), are addressed to all payment services providers and detalii
EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector
Draft EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector Background 1. On 23 March 2017 the EC published a Consultation Document on Fintech - A more competitive and innovative European Sector. This detalii
The European Banking Authority (EBA) launched today a consultation on its draft Guidelines on security measures for operational and security risks under the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2).
The Guidelines have been developed in close cooperation with the European Central Bank (ECB), and are in support of the objectives of PSD2, such as strengthening the integrated payments market in the EU, mitigating the increased security risks arising from electronic payments, and promoting equal conditions for competition. The consultation runs until 7 August 2017.
PSD2 requires payment service providers (PSPs) to establish a framework with appropriate mitigation measures and control mechanisms to manage operational and security risks arising from the payment services detalii
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2016
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2015
- Topul bancilor dupa active in 2014
- Cota de piata a bancilor dupa active la finalul anului 2013, conform datelor BNR
- Topul bancilor cu cele mai mici comisioane la internet banking
- Jaewoo Lee, new IMF mission chief for Romania and Bulgaria
- IMF concludes article IV consultation with Romania
- IMF statement on the stability of the banking system in Ukraine
- Global House Prices: Time to Worry Again?
- FMI: Raport de asistenta tehnica - Imbunatatirea administrarii riscului de conformare pe care il prezinta marii contribuabili
- HSBC, by first direct and Bud, is trialling an open banking app model
- Probleme cu autorizarea platilor online cu carduri Mastercard si Maestro
- Sistemul informatic al Raiffeisen (carduri, ATM-uri, POS-uri, online banking) nu a functionat in aceasta dimineata
- UniCredit prepares for multinational roll-out of instant payments
- BCR: Program de lucru cu publicul, de Pasti
- Depozitele bancare nu intra in campania electorala
- FGDB explica modul de aplicare a procedurii de recapitalizare interna a unei banci cu depozitele negarantate ale clientilor (bail-in)
- Valoarea depozitelor garantate de FGDB a crescut cu 50 miliarde lei in ultimul an, la 221 miliarde lei in total
- FGDB aminteste ca toate conturile si depozitele din bancile romanesti sunt garantate in limita a 100.000 de euro
- EBA report on risks and vulnerabilities in the EU banking sector
- EBA publishes a Discussion Paper on its approach to FinTech
- EBA publishes Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under PSD2
- EBA response to the EC Consultation Document on Fintech: a more competitive and innovative European Financial Sector
- EBA consults on Guidelines on security measures for operational and security risks under the PSD2
- ECB: Insights into the digital transformation of the retail payments ecosystem
- ECB introductory statement on Governing Council decisions
- Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy
- Deciziile de politica monetara ale BCE
- Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)
- Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement
- A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future (speech by Janet Yellen, The Fed chair)
- Janet Yellen speech: Financial Stability a Decade after the Onset of the Crisis
- Janet Yellen - Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress
- Federal Reserve majoreaza din nou dobanda
- Banca Transilvania and EBRD become majority shareholders of Victoriabank in Moldova
- BERD devine actionar Agricover Holding
- Life satisfaction: the pursuit of happiness - EBRD study
- EBRD is launching a new Green Economy Financing Facility in Romania
- EBRD selects a company to provide a visual analytics platform
- Cresterea economica este nesustenabila, avertizeaza economistii Bancii Transilvania
- Estimarile economice din Romania sunt modeste, in pofida conditiilor financiare bune (studiu GfK)
- National Bank of Romania could leave unchanged the key rate in 2017
- Poland: EU funds - key factor for growth next year
- BNR nu va majora dobanda pana la jumatatea anului 2017, estimeaza Garanti Bank
- Romania implements SME Initiative: EUR 580 m for Romanian businesses
- European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 20 million to Agricover Credit IFN
- Obligatiunile Good Pople SA (FRU21) au debutat pe piata AeRO
- BVB avertizeaza doua firme ca nu si-au respectat obligatiile de raportare
- Raiffeisen Centrobank (RCB) a lansat produse de investitii tip warrant la BVB
- BVB a initiat procesul de fuziune cu Sibex
- Hotararea Guvernului nr. 2/2018 pentru modificarea si completarea Hotararii Guvernului nr. 717/2009 privind aprobarea normelor de implementare a programului "Prima casa"
- Normele metodologice pentru aplicarea Ordonantei de urgenta a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plata
- Legea nr. 151 din 2015 privind procedura insolventei persoanelor fizice
- Legea nr. 258/2017 privind comparabilitatea comisioanelor aferente conturilor de plati, schimbarea conturilor de plati si accesul la conturile de plati cu servicii de baza
- Lege pentru modificarea şi completarea Ordonanţei de urgenţă a Guvernului nr. 193/2002 privind introducerea sistemelor moderne de plată
- BCR a fost reclamata la CEDO de clientii care au pierdut procesele privind clauzele abuzive din contractele de credit
- Instanta de judecata decide executarea silita a girantului unui credit, debitorul principal fiind insolvabil
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de anulare a Ordinului ANPC impotriva Raiffeisen Bank privind debitarea veniturilor clientilor
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti de suspendare a deciziei Curtii de Conturi impotriva Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte
- Decizia Curtii de Apel Bucuresti in procesul privind bancile pentru locuinte dintre Ministerul Dezvoltarii si Curtea de Conturi
- Statisticile cardurilor, platilor, POS-urilor si bancomatelor
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au scazut cu 13%
- Biroul de Credit: restantele populatiei la banci si IFN-uri sunt in crestere
- Rata creditelor neperformante scade in continuare
- Creditele noi acordate de banci au atins un nou record de crestere in august
- Guvernul a alocat garantii de 2 miliarde lei pentru Programul Prima Casa in 2018
- Transferul contributiilor de la angajator la angajat va avea aplicabilitate cel putin pana in anul 2020, spune Ministerul Finantelor
- Sinteza proiectului de buget pentru anul 2018 publicata de Ministerul Finantelor
- Posta vrea sa instaleze bancomate
- Guvernul isi majoreaza cheltuielile cu 500 milioane lei, iar veniturile cu 280 milioane lei, printr-o rectificare bugetara
- Numarul fimelor active din Romania, conform statisticilor Registrului Comertului
- Evolutia istorica a cresterii anuale a Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Evolutia istorica a valorii Produsului Intern Brut (PIB), conform datelor Institutului National de Statistica (INS)
- Transferurile de bani ale romanilor din strainatate au ajuns la 2,1 miliarde euro anul trecut, conform statisticilor Eurostat
- Salariul mediu net si brut lunar pe economie - evolutie istorica intre in anii 1991 - 2016, conform datelor Institutului de Statistica (INS)